Mission & Values
The school mission is: Educating children as we pass on the traditions and teachings of the Catholic faith.
In a welcoming environment, and in partnership with parents, children are nurtured and educated spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically through Christian service and leadership. In keeping with the school’s vision, Saint Matthew School believes…
- that teachers teach first and foremost by the witness of their own lives as followers of Christ.
- that the spiritual, academic and social development of children is accomplished most successfully when parents and teachers partner in the task.
- that each child has dignity and worth.
- that clear behavioral expectations help to shape and mold each child’s character to reflect the image of Christ.
- that as a Catholic school, the teachings of Christ and the Catholic church should be integrated into every learning experience.
- that the school should strive to raise awareness of children to the needs of others around them in their communities and around the world.
- that children thrive in a learning environment that is challenging, differentiated and structured to promote higher-level thinking.
- that fostering independence and personal responsibility in both learning and living helps all children achieve true self-esteem.
- that children are more engaged in the learning process in a resource-rich atmosphere that encourages them to explore their interests and abilities.
- that in seeking to model Christ, children grow in their faith and their willingness to serve others and make positive contributions to our community.